TASK # 5: FROM MY WINDOW

Look out your window. What can you see?
This is one of the paintings in Matisse's Window Series. He used to do this a lot...


STEP 1
Grab a pencil and a piece of paper, or any other kind of material you'd like to use for this project. Choose your favourite window in your house and draw its frame or shape. Then, draw the views inside the frame. If you're not comfortable with drawing, you can try other techniques that might suit you better: collage, edited picture, watercolours, etc. Try to be creative! 

STEP 2
Once you've finish your piece of art, write a brief paragraph describing what you see from your window. Try to use specific vocabulary and grammar. Please, be mindful of the spelling!

STEP 3
Draw, paste or create a second window and this time draw the views you would like to see outside your window: a tropical beach, a theme park, your grandparents' garden, an infinity pool, the jungle in Jurasic Park, a beautiful waterfall, a sky covered in Northern Lights, etc. The only limit is your own imagination. 

Would you like to see an example? Here's mine...

FROM MY WINDOW

From my window I can only see trees. When I first moved into this house 10 years ago, the trees outside were only small bushes, but now the branches cover the entire three-piece window in my living room. Behind the thick line of trees, there's a park where kids can play and jump. There's plenty of grass for dogs to walk and run around. There is also a court wall where people can play tennis or pelota. Sometimes I can hear the ball hitting the wall from my living room. Between the tree branches, I can slightly see one of the tallest apartment buildings in my area, just in front of my house, next to a small town square. There's a bar and a bakery as well. I live in a very quiet neighborhood surrounded by greenery, which I really like. But, I would love to see water from my window as well...


See how I used different techniques such as watercolor or Paint on my laptop to illustrate the views outside my window? Well, you can too! Choose whatever style suits you best and start creating!
Now it's your turn! 

Comments

  1. For my window I can see the river with a lot of childs playing. On the left i can see the Cristinaenea park with animals and childs. And in the right I can se the supermarket with lost of people doing the purchase. But I would like to see a beach for my window because beach relax me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts